LPG Changeover Package
Find your course today
Duration 2 Days
CCN1 and the associated appliance codes are required for any operative wishing to work on Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) installations and appliances. In addition, candidates must hold the relevant appliance element for the work they wish to undertake. This course includes Permanent Dwellings and optional elements, which are Residential Park Homes, Leisure Accommodation Vehicles and Boats.
|Price (exc VAT)||Dates|
11 Dec 2023 8:30 AM
12 Dec 2023 11:59 PM
22 Jan 2024 8:30 AM
23 Jan 2024 11:59 PM
8 Feb 2024 8:30 AM
9 Feb 2024 11:59 PM
This course expires in 5 years. Candidates can undertake the re-assessment of any element up to 6 months early without losing any time (MOT Style).
Previous certificates must be produced at the time of assessment as evidence.
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Tightness testing and purging (B)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances
For the initial assessment, candidates must meet the entry requirements as laid out in guidance note 8 for category 1, 2, and 3 entrants (see ACS scheme rules).
For re-assessment, candidates must have held the element previously – if this has expired within 12 months of the assessment date, the initial assessment must be undertaken.
This would have an equivalence to Level 3 qualifications.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions, and observed practical tasks.
Clear and concise teaching and excellent workshop.
First-class facilities, been20+ years in the trade by far the best training centre.
Had an excellent week completing my gas training here. Will 100% be recommending to friends in the industry
The training centre is brilliant. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful but most of all the training provided by everyone at the energy academy is brilliant.
Great training, friendly staff highly recommend.
I’ll be back for sure.
Gemma and Paul make you feel welcome and the training is great, a very good centre.
Excellent team. The best centre you can get and they make it a smooth and relaxed environment.
Excellent team, highly knowledgeable. Can not recommend it highly enough.
Our test centre
Energy Academy Ltd
Eurolink Industrial Estate