Gas Safety CCN1 and Appliance Course (initial)
Find your course today
Duration 7 / 10 Days (depending on experience)
The initial CCN1 course is for gas engineers who have let their existing certificate expire for more than 12 months. If you are a qualified plumber with the relevant experience, then you may be able to do this course. Please contact us so we are able to confirm that you are suitable.
Please contact the training centre for availability for this course.
|Price (exc VAT)||Dates|
|There are no available courses in the next 120 days.|
This course is valid for up to 5 years.
Previous certificates must be produced at the time of assessment as evidence.
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators
- Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establishing existing gas supply and relight appliances
For the initial CCN1 assessment, candidates must meet the entry requirements, of which details provided upon request as there are many routes into CCN1.
For re-assessment, candidates must have held the element previously – if this has expired within 12 months of the assessment date, the initial assessment must be undertaken.
The CCN1 core domestic gas safety certificate has an equivalence to a Level 3 QCF qualification in the gas utilisation sector (which is also aligned to ACS), and satisfies the same gas safety criteria leading to a certificate of competence recognised by the Gas Safe Register.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of assessment methods including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions, and observed practical assessment.
Clear and concise teaching and excellent workshop.
First-class facilities, been20+ years in the trade by far the best training centre.
Had an excellent week completing my gas training here. Will 100% be recommending to friends in the industry
The training centre is brilliant. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful but most of all the training provided by everyone at the energy academy is brilliant.
Great training, friendly staff highly recommend.
I’ll be back for sure.
Gemma and Paul make you feel welcome and the training is great, a very good centre.
Excellent team. The best centre you can get and they make it a smooth and relaxed environment.
Excellent team, highly knowledgeable. Can not recommend it highly enough.
Our test centre
Energy Academy Ltd
Eurolink Industrial Estate