Domestic Electrical Installer (Part P) Course
Find your course today
The Domestic Electrical Installer course is a practical course designed for installers who carry out some electrical work, mainly as a secondary role. This could be a gas installer whom wants to wire in a boiler or a kitchen fitter that wants to install a new ring main. To be able to join a competent persons scheme such as the JIB or NIC it is necessary to have the DEI Part P, 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, plus suitable experience. This will then enable you to notify works to the Local Authority Building Control. If you are a tradesperson that requires electrical work to be carried out as part of your job such as wiring a boiler, shower or cooker then you may currently have to sub this work out to other tradesmen costing time and money on the job for you. With the DEI and 18th Edition Regulations qualifications you will gain the skills and knowledge so that you can safely complete these tasks yourself.
|Price (exc VAT)||Dates|
|There are no available courses in the next 120 days.|
This course is valid for up to 5 years.
Previous certificates must be produced at the time of assessment as evidence.
The DEI Course covers the following training and assessment areas:
- Component exchange
- Applicable building regulations
- Electrical safety legislation regulations, standards and terminology
- Pre-work survey / inspections
- Safe isolation procedures
- Identification of unsafe electrical situations
- Earthing and bonding requirements
- Electrical test procedures
- Cable components and fitting selection
- Installation and replacement of electrical components and fittings
- Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
- Recording of electrical test results, completion of certification and notification requirements
- Installing and or re-routing cables to form suitable outlet connections
- Special locations
- High protective conductors
- Domestic lighting circuits, SELV
- Maintaining domestic electrical installations
- 3 Phase supplies
The DEI suitable for operatives who carry out electrical work as a secondary task i.e. heating installers, bathroom and kitchen fitter’s, builders and domestic appliance fitters / installers.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical tasks.
Clear and concise teaching and excellent workshop.
First-class facilities, been20+ years in the trade by far the best training centre.
The training centre is brilliant. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful but most of all the training provided by everyone at the energy academy is brilliant.
Great training, friendly staff highly recommend.
I’ll be back for sure.
Gemma and Paul make you feel welcome and the training is great, a very good centre.
Excellent team. The best centre you can get and they make it a smooth and relaxed environment.
Excellent team, highly knowledgeable. Can not recommend it highly enough.
Our test centre
Energy Academy Ltd
Eurolink Industrial Estate