CITB Site Supervisor' Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SSSTS)
This is a one-day refresher of our full Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course.
Taking this course renews your SSSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
This course is a 1 day course
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand problems currently highlighted in the industry within their role.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is currently structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and understand the need for method statements
- Improve communication routes within site activities.
The SSSTS Refresher training course will cover the following topics:
- Current enforcement priorities / HSE / Environment
- Fire risks and emergency procedures and reporting.
- Best practice updates
- Noise and vibration
- Drugs and alcohol
- Stress factors
- Dynamic risk assessment procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Work at height
- Manual handling
- Tool box talks
At the end of the CITB SSSTS Refresher course delegates are required to sit an exam paper consisting of 25 questions, of which 4 are safety critical and require a short written answer. Multiple choice questions are worth 1 point each and safety critical questions are worth 1-3 points each. In order to pass the course delegates MUST answer ALL of safety critical questions correctly. The SSSTS Refresher Course pass rate is 80% (24 out of 30)
Delegates who successfully complete the assessment are awarded the CITB SSSTS – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years.