LPG Changeover Package includes PD / RPH / LAV
CCN1 and the associated appliance codes are required for any operative wishing to work on Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) installations and appliances. In addition, candidates must hold the relevant appliance element for the work they wish to undertake.
Course Duration – 3 Days
List Price – £550 + vat (includes all training, training material, certification fees and free lunch)
5 years. Candidates can undertake the re-assessment of any element up to 6 months early without losing any time (MOT Style). Previous certificates must be produced at the time of assessment as evidence.
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Tightness testing and purging (B)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances.
For the initial assessment candidates must meet the entry requirements as laid out in guidance note 8 for category 1, 2, and 3 entrants (see ACS scheme rules). For re-assessment candidates must have held the element previously – if this has expired within 12 months of the assessment date the initial assessment must be udertaken. This would have an equivalence to Level 3 qualifications.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods including multiple choice, short written response, scenario questions and observed practical tasks